Lists

12 Jun 2012

The Cage is a Rolling.

I decided to paint up of a car sketch I drew earlier today. It's been a long time since I used my painting techniques, the big project I'd been working on utilised a more animated airbrushed technique so I had adopted that for the past few months. It was really nice to get back to my old brushes, although a lot of them seem...rubbish and ill designed now I play with them and I think I've moved on from the kind of aesthetic they produce. They just sort of create useless noise most of the time. I feel inspired to go in and play around create some more refined brushes and shapes. 

Right now I also feel that I also want to 'design' more. I've been really keen on sketching recently just because I get to design, with consideration, it doesn't always work as you can draw something that ends up looking like a piece of ass, but I feel like it tests me more as a designer. Creating from chaos can be fun and productive, don't get me wrong. But I feel its made me complacent, you don't have to consider placement of form, stroke or perspective to the same degree and they are 3 things I'm trying to work on.

With that hypothesis over, here's me doodles. Painting was about 3-4hours to completion. About an hour of that playing with mixer brushes. Bottom is original sketch, blown up about 230%.






No comments:

Post a Comment