Lists

12 Sept 2011

boxes.boxes.boxes.

And we're back. None for ages, then two in a night. This is one of the mutherfudgers I've been working on over the past trio of weeks. Loading is going mobile with its coffee, and it needed some snug little boxes to contain the bean dust cans in. So here's a sneak preview of said packaging. It was a real fun little project, and a huge curve learner. I got the opportunity to design and create everything myself from the net upwards, which is fun, but having the responsibility of getting it printed professionally this time, I've been triple checking my triple checks to ensure its right. 

We went with a retro/tribute to Mega Drive™. It was great fun to do, and surprisingly personal also, I grew up with the Sega Mega Drive, Sonic was my absolute hero as a kid (alongside Earthworm Jim). I've always loved their style of aesthetics, and it felt nice to celebrate that and try to keep it alive whilst giving it a modernised, coffee related spin. I hope you enjoy it. 




To accompany the box+tin I designed a little double sided "Instruction Manual". I recreated the pictorial safety notices with game item/character related ones. Some are more abstract references than others.





Here's a little close up iconparison of the original (bottom) and Loading's game versions (top).






If you would like to lend a hand to help get these puppies born you can help Loading get funding for the print costs by voting: here It only takes a minute and costs yee nothing. And you stand yourself a chance of winning some of the powder gold known as Mega Coffee in its shiny box as well as some gaming goodies. It would be much appreciated folks.

Take it easy








No comments:

Post a Comment