Lists

14 Jun 2011

if in doubt. add mountains.

I think i'll chuck out some of the stuff I'd done and worked on before the America/Canada trip before I do a post on the actual trip, so things are more chronological. A big dump update so to speak.

This and the purple mountains in the post below are environment studies exploring painting processes. I was aiming for something graphic/painterly. These are pretty old, and not very interesting, but were really useful for me. I'm starting to feel I'm finally getting somewhere. 

Something speaking to the guys at ArenaNet on the trip that really got me focused on was that I want to explore techniques and styles more, not search for one exactly, as I'm a believer in the style finds you, but I'd like to help it out by experimenting with techniques and media that I've not really pushed yet. So I'm pretty pumped to have the time to really push my image making. 

hi-res version

No comments:

Post a Comment